$1.00 USD or more
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
One of CNET's Best Mobile Games of September 2015 and GameZebo's New Games You Should Be Playing, now available on your desktop!
"slick, simple and refined... a great way to stretch your mind and learn more about how to play." ~ CNET
"...very solid and an entertaining puzzler for anyone looking for a fun challenge and interesting twist on an old classic." 4/5 stars ~ InstallAndPlay.com
"Anyone who is familiar with the rules of Chess is bound to enjoy No More Kings" ~ iPlayApps.de
Take on the king in 150 levels of mind-bending brain teasers! Can you earn 3 stars on every level?
- A totally new & unique puzzle mechanic
- 150 levels to put your brain to the test
- Play levels over and over again to get the fastest time
- Learn the ropes quickly with a guided tutorial
How to play:
- Each level is played on a standard 8x8 chess board
- Your goal is to capture the king
- Your starting piece is highlighted
- On each move, you have to capture another piece
- Each piece can move in any direction
- Moves follow standard chess rules:
:: Bishops move in diagonal lines
:: Rooks move in straight lines
:: Knights move 2 then 1 or 1 then 2
- When you capture a piece, you become that piece
- You have to capture all the pieces on your way to the king
- Each level has a solution! Can you crack every level?
Free download for Windows, Mac, and Linux!
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Dec 17, 2015|
|Tags||board, brainteaser, challenging, Chess, logic, Math, Minimalist|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, High-contrast, Interactive tutorial, One button|
Windows and Mac users: this app is unsigned. Your computer may block the installation at first but you can proceed and install anyway.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
$1.00 USD or more
Fantastic game! The gameplay is quick to pick up on and the puzzles are well made. It's obvious that a lot of love went into this game, and it shows! Well done!
The launcher in the itch.io desktop app launches the installer every time instead of the game
I can't start it on Linux
[tyrannosaurus_rox@computer No_More_Kings_Linux]$ ./No\ More\ Kings
./No More Kings: error while loading shared libraries: libnotify.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I have this problem too..
You need to install lib32-gconf and lib32-libnotify
In arch, both are available in the AUR
I'm definitely not smart enough for this game but it's very good! Each puzzle takes more and more time to solve as I stare at the board in despair, then suddenly find the perfect solution. A great pick for coffee breaks, though an undo button would have been a nice addition!
Is there no APK of this lovely puzzler?